Sunday, September 11, 2016

Finding my Why?

Why do we do what we do? Couple of years back I was fortunate enough to have been in an accident, which had me off from all active thinking and work for a couple of months and gave me a chance to reflect on what's important to me in life and what does it mean to be free.

First and foremost is Family. Part of my family is in India and other part of family is in USA and for me freedom means being able to plan my overseas travel to visit them or travel with them. It's the driving factor for all my decisions.
Traveling with mom and dad in Thailand
With uncle, aunt, sister, bro-in-law, nephew and niece in San Diego 
Freedom for me also means spending my creative energy to bring stories to life that explore relationships and cultures. Empathy let's us experience the world through someone else's eyes and get to the essence of humanity and what makes us tick as people. So telling stories ties into my love for understanding people and gives me an added drive to travel and explore new cultures.
Happy place - working on stories at a cafe
This view never gets boring - except during turbulence ;-)
Smile is the universal language when you can't speak to each other
Exploring places to see how we interact with our past
And finally freedom for me means being able to help people on their fitness journey. Fitness saved my health as a young kid and it also helped give me a discipline that was missing before that. I fell off the bandwagon during my 20s and saw the detrimental impact it had on me. Discovering fitness again through crossfit and feeling stronger and fitter than ever has also renewed my passion to enable people to become healthier version of themselves and find their fitness path. And hoping that my actions would inspire my family and friends to take better care of their health.

Capturing what I love about fitness - the drive to improve
In an ideal world - I'd love to combine travel, storytelling, fitness and family time into one nice little synergistic ball. This is my 'Why?' - what's your?
Amit

No comments:

Post a Comment