Sunday, September 18, 2016

The world is my oyster

The idea of location independence is something that captivates each and everyone of us. Travel the world and not have to worry about the money - sounds good, doesn't it? My view on things are slightly different in the sense that I love what New Zealand has to offer and I can't imagine being away from it for looking periods of time. My sense of independence would come from being able to travel and explore the world atleast 2-3 times a year with New Zealand as a base.

Now how would I make a living while traveling or what would I do while on an exotic holiday that would contribute to my ability to make a difference in my professional life and make a living. The charm of screenwriting is that it can be done anywhere in the world - all you need is your iPad and a cafe but that's not gonna make me money in the short run. Exploring the place and being open to people and new experiences is what would enrich the inner life, that in turn translates to writing stories with depth.

The other thing I'd do is explore the various fitness options and Crossfit gyms that are available in the place I'm visiting and see what they've got to offer. During that time I'll film a story about the gym, people there and gain perspective on what makes them unique. If I invested in a laptop I could edit as I went and put the stories up for the world to see.

Will it make me money straight away - I don't know but in my current view that's a great first step towards achieving total location independence. Ultimately I'd love to do what Stefan Sagmeister does as per his TED Talk. 

What do you think?
Amit

No comments:

Post a Comment